comment
menu Home chevron_right
News

Opondo defends RDC reshuffle

Noelyn Nassuuna | January 13, 2021

By Benjamin Jumbe

The government spokesperson and Media Centre Executive director Ofwono Opondo has defended the RDC Reshuffle.

President Yoweri Museveni yesterday reshuffled Resident District Commissioners and their deputies across the country with a number of stakeholders raising concern over the timing.

However speaking to KFM, Opondo said the President has a right to do a reshuffle as he pleases.

He further says all this is aimed at improving service delivery and representation adding that it could be response to people’s concerns during the just concluded campaign trail.

Among the changes, the embattled Jinja RDC, Eric Sakwa has been dropped by President Museveni in the new reshuffle of Resident District Commissioners and their deputies two days to the general election.

In May last year, Museveni ordered Sakwa to step aside for two months, to allow proper investigations into the manslaughter charge against him.

He was later arrested and charged with manslaughter over the death of Charles Isanga, a businessman.

In other changes, Mpimbaza Hashaka who has been the RDC Abim to Karenga while Hudu Hussein who has been Kawempe RDC moves to Kampala.

Written by Noelyn Nassuuna




This area can contain widgets, menus, shortcodes and custom content. You can manage it from the Customizer, in the Second layer section.

 

 

 

  • cover play_circle_filled

    01. The Grind with Patrick Kamara hosts Hon Dr Perez Ahabwe
    Patrick Kamara hosts Hon Dr Perez Ahabwe

  • cover play_circle_filled

    The Grind with Patrick Kamara hosts Hon Dr. Perez Ahabwe

play_arrow skip_previous skip_next volume_down
playlist_play