comment
menu Home chevron_right
National NewsNews

Man attempts suicide after losing Shs 6m in fake mobile money deal

Reporter | August 28, 2017

By Abubaker Kirunda

A businessman has poisoned himself in Kamuli district after losing Shs 6million in a fake mobile money deal.

42 year old Penni Isabirye who operates in Wandegeya trading Centre in Bugulumbya sub-county has been taken to Kamuli hospital in coma.

He had received a text message on his mobile phone from strangers who said he had won Shs 8million and a car but he needed to send Shs6million to process it.

Isabirye is then said to have sent the money but on realizing that he had been conned he decided to commit suicide.

The Busoga North police spokesperson Michael Kasadha has confirmed the development, saying the victim is currently receiving treatment Kamuli hospital.

Written by Reporter




This area can contain widgets, menus, shortcodes and custom content. You can manage it from the Customizer, in the Second layer section.

 

 

 

  • cover play_circle_filled

    01. The Grind with Patrick Kamara hosts Hon Dr Perez Ahabwe
    Patrick Kamara hosts Hon Dr Perez Ahabwe

  • cover play_circle_filled

    The Grind with Patrick Kamara hosts Hon Dr. Perez Ahabwe

play_arrow skip_previous skip_next volume_down
playlist_play