comment
menu Home chevron_right
News

Explosion in Burundi

admin | July 20, 2015

Tension is high in Burundi with another explosion reported in the city center.

According to local reporters, no casualties have been recorded yet.

This comes just hours to the highly contentious presidential election.

Burundi as President Pierre Nkurunziza is all set to stand for re-election tomorrow amid opposition from his opponents who think his decision breached an agreement not to seek a third term and sparked protests in which 77 people have died.

The African Union and the U.S. have criticised Burundi for allowing the polls to go ahead.

Government forces have been attacked in the north of the country in raids the military says were carried out by suspected rebels.

More than 100,000 people have fled to neighbouring countries in the past three months.

The UN human-rights agency said last week that presidential vote is likely to cause “major instability and confrontations” that may spread across the region.

Regional leaders has appointed President Museveni to lead negotiations between the warring parties but that too has not yield much fruits as they were suspended without headway.

 

Written by admin




This area can contain widgets, menus, shortcodes and custom content. You can manage it from the Customizer, in the Second layer section.

 

 

 

  • cover play_circle_filled

    01. The Grind with Patrick Kamara hosts Hon Dr Perez Ahabwe
    Patrick Kamara hosts Hon Dr Perez Ahabwe

  • cover play_circle_filled

    The Grind with Patrick Kamara hosts Hon Dr. Perez Ahabwe

play_arrow skip_previous skip_next volume_down
playlist_play