Two Students Die After Eating Poisoned Chapati

Two students of Mukuju Core Primary Teachers College Tororo have died while four are admitted at Tororo hospital over suspected poisoning.

Authorities at the college say John Opera and Patrick Owori and two others allegedly ate poisoned chapatti after they returned from teaching practice on Friday night.

The college principal Consulate Tino says the victims developed stomach complications after eating chapatti they bought from the trading center.

Tororo hospital medical superintendent Dr. Tom Ochar says the deceased had convulsions, and bled through the mouth and nose before they breathed their last.

While Tororo District Police Commander Robert Katuramu says the deceased body parts have been taken to the government analytical laboratory for further tests.

Story By Joseph Onyango