Police withdraws deployment at Besigye’s home

The hearing of the petition challenging the continued presence of the police at the home of FDC leader Col. Kizza Besigye has been pushed to Thursday this week.
This is after the representative of the state Esther Nyangoma told court, that the attorney general had been duly served.
Besigye, through his lawyers of Mpanga and Company Advocates says the persistent deployment of the police is in abuse of his rights.
He is seeking court orders for the police to withdraw its officers from his home with immediate effect.
Magistrate Jesca Kyemeri has adjourned the case to Thursday to allow the state enough time to respond to the issues raised in the petition.
The police was deployed at Besigye’s home last week to restrain him from participating in the Walk to Work protests.
However by the time the court had concluded its seating, all police officers had been withdrawn from Besigye’s home.
The tens of supporters who had been denied access to the home have now accessed it without restriction.
It remains unclear whether the withdrawal is temporary or conclusive.

Assistant police superitendant north Sam Omala however says the officers have just gone for lunch though he didn’t indicate whether they are returning or not.

The officers have however taken all their property and the supporters have taken over the compound.