By Ssebuliba Samuel.
Kenya’s opposition National Super Alliance says it plans to go court to seek prosecution of top election officials who it accuses of bungling the August 8 presidential poll.
The coalition’s lawyers Paul Mwangi, says they are in the process of furnishing the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions with material seeking to show how these officials messed up the electoral process.
Some of the targeted officials are the Chief Executive Officer of the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission Ezra Chiloba, his deputy Betty Nyabuto-Sungura, elections director Immaculate Kassait, ICT head James Muhati and head of legal Services Praxedes Tororey.
The five were last week excluded from a team picked by IEBC chairman Wafula Chebukati to oversee the October 17 repeat presidential election.